Overseas talents and those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, organizations and enterprises,Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (hereinafter referred to as the Competition), first launched in 2018, aims to attract international talents (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) to make innovation and start up business in Nanning through projects screening, preliminaries both at home and abroad, final in Nanning and projects matchmaking. Apart from this, all-in-one service including funding support, matchmaking and offshore incubation is available for those who want to start up business and work in Nanning. Rewards are also granted to the recommending organizations/agencies. In order to further promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and high-quality development of Nanning, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2022 Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. Details of the competition are as follows:
June to September 2022
Hosts, Organizers and Partners
Hosted by：Talents Work Leading Group of CPC Nanning Committee
Organized by：Organization Department of CPC Nanning Committee, Nanning Science and Technology Bureau (Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau), Nanning Foreign Affairs Office, Nanning Association for Science and Technology, Qingxiu District People’s Government of Nanning
01 New energy vehicles and auto parts
including vehicle control, automotive chips, battery, power generators, charging facilities, intelligent and internet technology of new energy vehicles
02 New generation of electronic information
including computer and networking & communication equipment, intelligent terminal, new display technology, integrated circuit, big data, artificial intelligence, internet of things, 5G application, block chain, cloud computing, Beidou navigation satellite application
03 Advanced equipment manufacturing
including intelligent manufacturing equipment, machinery & equipment manufacturing, new electrical equipment manufacturing, material handling equipment manufacturing, advanced environmental management equipment
04 Biology, pharmaceuticals and big health
including modern traditional Chinese medicine & ethnic medicine, medical apparatus and instruments, chemical drugs, biotech drugs, biotechnology, healthcare
05 New energy and new materials
including green energy, organic and inorganic materials, high-end fine chemical industry, nonferrous metals, deep processing of aluminum
06 Modern agriculture
including intelligent agriculture, green agriculture, deep processing of agricultural products, seed breeding, processing of forest products, food processing
01 At least one team member (including shareholders, senior management personnel or key technical staff) have work/study experience (one-year and above) in country/region outside China’s Mainland (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan included) with promising innovative technologies, achievements or products with independent intellectual property rights and is willing to start up business and commercialize the technologies, achievements or products in Nanning within one year after the competition.
02 There is no limitation on business registration time for the enterprise participant outside Nanning. For enterprise domiciled in Nanning, only those whose owners are introduced and set up business in Nanning after January 1 of 2021 are eligible.
03 Those who entered the finals in the previous editions of the Competition, or whose talent, technological, industrial, agricultural, medical and health care projects were funded by Nanning city-level government are not qualified to participate in this year’s competition with the same project.
The competition is open to all participants home and abroad. The preliminary round will be held in Beijing , Shenzhen and Suzhou, and the final round is in Nanning. Both preliminary and final will be conducted via the hybrid form of “online+offline”.
Launch Ceremony (June 22, 2022)
Project Soliciting (June 22, 2022-July 30, 2022)
The Organizing Committee will carry out qualification examination towards applicants regarding their eligibility and correctness of the materials submitted.
Project matchmaking and pre-application guidance (July 5, 2022 TBC)
Pre-application guidance and matchmaking will be organized.
Project Screening (August 2, 2022 TBC)
All the projects will be screened by the judging panel, some of which will enter the preliminary round afterwards.
Preliminary Round (August 12-August 20, 2022 TBC)
The preliminary round road show will be conducted in groups both online and on site in Beijing, Shenzhen and Suzhou. For those who stay in places outside the Chinese mainland, domestic regions hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic or those who cannot make it to either one of the 3 sites should participate in the online video link session.
Final Round (September 6, 2022 TBC)
The final round road show will be conducted in Nanning in the form of online+offline. Those who stay in the low-risk regions in China’s Mainland with green health code will participate in the offline competition, and the others will take part in the online competition. The format is subject to the pandemic control situation at the time of the competition.
Award Presentation and Business Matchmaking (depending on the time of the launch ceremony of the 2022 Nanning-ASEAN Talents Exchange Month event)
Those who stay in the low-risk regions in China’s Mainland with green health code, and enter into the final round will attend the award presentation, project matchmaking and relevant events in Nanning.
Follow-up on the project launch
Following up services and project site investigation assistance will be provided to projects that intend to be launched in Nanning.
1) For preliminary round: A number of participation awards will be granted (the top 20% in the preliminary) with the award money of 2000 RMB per project (tax excluded). The money will be granted after the final.
2) For final round: 6 First Prizes with the award money of 30,000 RMB per project, 10 Second Prizes with the money of 20,000 RMB per project, 14 Third Prizes with the money of 10,000 RMB per project, and 20 Recognition Awards with the money of 5,000 RMB per project. The award money is after tax and will be granted after the final and matchmaking in Nanning. For those who cannot make it to Nanning due to COVID-19 and other force majeure events, he/she can visit Nanning and receive the money whenever deemed appropriate in 2023.
3) For projects launched in Nanning: For those entering the final round and deciding to launch their projects in Nanning, an award will be granted. The winner should register an enterprise in Nanning within one year after the competition as an independent legal person to launch the winning project and commercialize it. Or those partnering with local enterprises by taking the project as a form of capital contribution to commercialize it can apply for this award after the basic office operating procedure is done. In case of special circumstances, the application for the award can be extended for one year.
a. The First Prize winners can be listed into “Yongjiang Program” (Nanning Pioneering Talents Program) and granted a minimum subsidy of 500,000 RMB. A maximum of 10 million RMB can be granted after the deliberation of “Yongjiang Program” judging panel. Conditions and procedures for award money allocation will be implemented according to relevant “Yongjiang Program” regulations.
b. The Second Prize and Third Prize winners can be granted a minimum of 300,000 RMB and 150,000 RMB respectively.
c. The Second Prize, Third Prize and Recognition Award winners are eligible for applying for the “Yongjiang Program”, and winners can be subsidized with the amount ranging from 500,000 RMB to 5 million RMB. The exact amount is subject to the deliberation of the judging panel of the “Yongjiang Program”.
1) Free food & accommodation: One-day food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the preliminary round and participate on site will be provided free of charge. Two-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the final round and participate on site will be provided. Three-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those invited to attend the award ceremony and business matchmaking in Nanning will be offered.
2) Recommendation award: Science&technology, headhunting and intermediary service organizations, the overseas talents introduction stations and other cooperators can apply for this award for recommending projects. 500 RMB per project can be granted to those whose recommending projects enter either the preliminary or final. The award money is tax included and can be accumulative.
3) Launch award: Organizations and enterprises that have provided matchmaking and recommendation services to facilitate the launch of the first, second, third and recognition prizes winning projects will be awarded accordingly. Award money of 8000 RMB per project (tax included) will be granted to organizations and enterprises by introducing first, second and third prize winners, 5000 RMB per project (tax included) by introducing recognition prize winners.
4) Launch service:
a. One-to-one dedicated service including assistance in office site selection, business registration, opening bank account, tax registration and tax declaration guidance is available for the winners in the final.
b. Winners at the final will be recommended to the venture partners of the Competition and innovation & entrepreneurship incubation carriers.
c. Winners at the final will be provided with entrepreneurship training, matchmaking and award policy implementation and other services.
Please log on the official website of the Competition（http://www.nieiec.com/） or the website of Nanning Science and Technology Bureau（http://kjj.nanning.gov.cn/） to fill in the registration form and upload attachments.
Contact Persons of the Organizing Committee
(1) Ms. Chen/Mr. Wang(Nanning Science and Technology Bureau/Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau)
Address: Nanning Municipal Government, 10th Floor, No.1 Jiabin Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R. China
(2) Ms. Xu/Mr. Xie(Nanning Association for Science and Technology)
(3) Ms. Qu (Nanning Foreign Affairs Office)
(4) For technical problems of the website, please contact: Mr. Li