Invitation to 2023 Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition
Overseas talents and those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, organizations and enterprises,
Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition (hereinafter referred to as the Competition), first launched in 2018, aims to attract international talents (including those from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan) to make innovation and start up business in Nanning through projects screening, preliminaries both at home and abroad, final in Nanning and projects matchmaking. Apart from this, all-in-one service including funding support, matchmaking and offshore incubation is available for those who want to start up business and work in Nanning. Rewards are also granted to the recommending organizations/agencies. In order to further promote innovation and entrepreneurship, and high-quality development of Nanning, we would like to invite you to participate in the 2023 Nanning International Elite Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competition. Details of the competition are as follows:
June to September 2023
2.Hosts, Organizers and Partners
Hosted by: Talents Work Leading Group of CPC Nanning Committee
Organized by: Organization Department of CPC Nanning Committee, Nanning Science and Technology Bureau (Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau), Nanning Foreign Affairs Office, Nanning Association for Science and Technology, Qingxiu District People’s Government of Nanning
Nanning Industrial Investment New Energy Vehicle Investment Co., Ltd.
Nanning Industrial Investment Science and Technology Innovation Investment Co., Ltd.
Nanning Investment Guidance Fund Co., Ltd.
Guangxi Guohou Asset Management Co., Ltd.
Guangxi Qinglan Investment Co., Ltd.
Nanning Lihezijing Investment Co., Ltd.
Shenzhen Qirong Venture Capital Co., Ltd.
Guangzhou Liuhui Investment Co., Ltd.
Nanning National Agricultural Science and Technology Park
Nanning National Overseas Talents Offshore Innovation and Entrepreneurship Base
Nanning Science and Technology Enterprise Incubation Base
Nanning New Technology Entrepreneur Center
Lingli Industrial Park
Yongning Emerging Industrial Park
Qingxiu Innovation Center
Nanning Zhongguancun Innovation Demonstration Base
Guangxi Shennengda Science and Technology Business Incubator
Guangxi Lianxun U Valley Science and Technology Business Incubator
Menggonggu Science and Technology Business Incubator
Zhongmeng Science and Technology Business Incubator
TusStar (Nanning) Belt and Road Incubation Base
Leaguer Science and Technology Innovation Nanning Center
Nanning Zhongguancun Science and Technology Park
Guangxi Zhongguancun Entrepreneurship and Innovation Talent Base
Shennong Innovation Agricultural Science and Technology Business Incubator
China-ASEAN New Smart City Collaborative Innovation Center
New energy vehicles and auto parts
New metal and chemical materials
Deep processing of aluminum
Advanced equipment manufacturing
Processing of forest products
Biology and pharmaceuticals
(1)At least one team member (including shareholders, senior management personnel or key technical staff) have work/study experience (one-year and above) in country/region outside China’s Mainland (Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan included) with promising innovative technologies, achievements or products with independent intellectual property rights, can be commercialized and is willing to commercialize the technologies, achievements or products in Nanning within one year after the competition.
(2) There is no limitation on business registration time for the enterprise participant outside Nanning. For enterprise domiciled in Nanning, only those whose owners are introduced and set up business in Nanning after January 1 of 2020 are eligible.
(3) Those who entered the finals in the previous editions of the Competition, or Nanning Innovation and Entrepreneurship Competitions, or whose projects were funded by Nanning city-level government are not qualified to participate in this year’s competition.
- Launch (early June of 2023). The Organizing Committee will launch the Competition and make an
- Project Soliciting (early June, 2023-July 15, 2023). The Organizing Committee will carry out qualification examination towards applicants regarding their eligibility and correctness of the materials submitted. Applicants to Nanning overseas talents routine roadshow are also welcome to participate in this Competition.
- Project matchmaking and pre-application guidance (July 5, 2023 TBC). Pre-application guidance and matchmaking will be organized.
- Project Screening (July 20, 2023 TBC). All the projects will be screened by the judging panel, some of which will enter the preliminary round afterwards.
- Preliminary Round (July 25-August 15, 2023 TBC).The preliminary round road show will be conducted in groups both online and on site in Beijing, Shenzhen, Nanjing, Berlin (Germany), London (UK) and Paris (France). For those who cannot make it on site should participate in the online video link session.
- Final Round (September 7, 2023 TBC). The final round road show will be conducted in Nanning in the form of online+offline.
- Award Presentation and Business Matchmaking (subject to the time of the launch ceremony of 2023 Nanning-ASEAN Talents Exchange Month event). Those who enter into the final round will attend the award presentation, project matchmaking and relevant events in Nanning.
- Follow-up on the project launch. Following up services and project site investigation assistance will be provided to projects that intend to be launched in Nanning
1) For preliminary round: A number of participation awards will be granted (the top 20% in the preliminary) with the award money of 2，000 RMB per project (after tax). The money will be granted after the final.
2) For final round: 6 First Prizes with the award money of 30,000 RMB per project, 10 Second Prizes with the money of 20,000 RMB per project, 14 Third Prizes with the money of 10,000 RMB per project, and 20 recognition awards with the money of 5,000 RMB per project. The award money is after tax and will be granted after the final and matchmaking in Nanning. For those who cannot make it to Nanning due to force majeure events, he/she can visit Nanning and receive the money whenever deemed appropriate in 2024.
3) For projects launched in Nanning: For those entering the final round and deciding to launch their projects in Nanning, an award will be granted. The winner should register an enterprise in Nanning within one year after the competition as an independent legal person to launch the winning project and commercialize it. Or those partnering with local enterprises to commercialize it can apply for this award after the commercialization condition is mature. In case of special circumstances, the application for the award can be extended for one year.
- The First Prize winners can be listed into “Yongjiang Program” (Pioneering Talents category) and granted a minimum subsidy of 500,000 RMB. A maximum of 5 million RMB can be granted after the deliberation of “Yongjiang Program” judging panel. Conditions and procedures for award money allocation will be implemented according to relevant “Yongjiang Program” (Pioneering Talents category) regulations.
- The Second Prize and Third Prize winners can be granted a minimum of 300,000 RMB and 150,000 RMB respectively and listed into “Yongjiang Program” (Overseas Talents category) .
- The Second Prize, Third Prize and Recognition award winners are eligible for applying for the “Yongjiang Program” (Pioneering Talents category), and winners can be subsidized with the amount ranging from 500,000 RMB to 5 million RMB. The exact amount is subject to the deliberation of the judging panel of the “Yongjiang Program”.
(2) Other Incentives
1) Free food &accommodation: One-day food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the preliminary round and participate on site will be provided free of charge. Two-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those selected to enter the final round and participate on site will be provided. Three-day free food & accommodation at designated hotel for one team member of those invited to attend the award ceremony and business matchmaking in Nanning will be offered.
2) Recommendation award. Science&technology, headhunting and intermediary service organizations, overseas talents introduction stations and other cooperators can apply for this award for recommending projects. 500 RMB per project can be granted to those whose recommending projects enter either the preliminary or final. The award money is tax included and can be accumulative.
3) Launch award: Organizations and enterprises that have provided matchmaking and recommendation services to facilitate the launch of the first, second, third and recognition prizes winning projects will be awarded accordingly. Award money of 8,000 RMB per project (tax included) will be granted to organizations and enterprises by introducing first, second and third prize winners, 5,000 RMB per project (tax included) by introducing recognition prize winners.
4) Launch service:
- One-to-one dedicated service including assistance in office site selection, business registration, opening bank account, tax registration and tax declaration guidance is available for the winners in the final.
- Winners at the final will be recommended to the venture partners of the Competition and innovation & entrepreneurship incubation carriers.
- Winners at the final will be provided with entrepreneurship training, matchmaking and award policy implementation and other services.
Please log on the official website of the Competition（http://www.nieiec.com/） or the website of Nanning Science and Technology Bureau to fill in the registration form and upload attachments.
Contact Persons of the Organizing Committee
(1)Ms. Chen/Mr. Luo (Nanning Science and Technology Bureau/Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau)
Tel/Fax: +86 771-553-3963；
Address: Nanning Municipal Government, 10th Floor, No.1 Jiabin Road, Nanning, Guangxi, P.R. China
(2) Ms. Su (Nanning Foreign Affairs Office)
Tel: +86 771-588-9043
(3) Ms. Xu (Nanning Association for Science and Technology)
Tel: +86 771-551-4402
For technical problems of the website, please contact: Mr. Wei
Organization Department of CPC Nanning Committee
Nanning Municipal Science and Technology Bureau
Nanning Foreign Experts Affairs Bureau
Nanning Foreign Affairs Office
Nanning Association for Science and Technology
June 1, 2023